2014年10月11日 星期六

Climbed a snowy mountain

Journal 2/3    by Liling

        In the afternoon, I’ll prepare my “2 minute talk”. The contents are as follows:

        Good morning everyone. Today I’d like to talk about “the best day of my life.” The best day of my life was when I climbed a snowy mountain about 2 years ago in the central section of Taiwan.


        On the first day, I went to the mountain pass with 2 friends and a guide by car. Then we started to climb the mountain for about 2 hours and we arrived at the first station. There was a mountain villa. We lay down our rucksack and spread out sleeping bag, we cooked our dinner and ate it. The elevation was 700 meters but the snowy mountain top’s elevation is 3,280 meters. We had to climb about another 2,580 meters, so we went to bed very early and got up very early at 2 a.m. the next day.

        On the second day, we held flashlights and carried solid food in the rucksack while we climbed the mountain under a clear sky full of stars. We went through the woods and passed through the steep cliff. We arrived at the snowy mountain top about 11 a.m. The cover was only all snow and there were no high trees, very short cypresses and azaleas. We could see a good view of the mountains tier upon tier.

        In winter in Taiwan, just high mountains have snow. So we were very excited. We went back to the mountain villa about 4 p.m. We had walked and climbed for about 11 hours but that was the best day of my life.

沒有留言:

張貼留言