2014年9月28日 星期日

Festival food in my country

Journal 22/2    by Liling

In the afternoon, I'll prepare my "2 minute talk". The contents are as follows:
Good morning everyone. Today I'd like to talk about Festival food in my country. In the lunar calendar:

1st Jan. is Chinese Lunar New Year.
15th Jan. is Lantern Festival.
5th May is Dragon Boat Festival and
15th August is the moon Festival.

Firstly, I talk about Festival Food in Chinese Lunar New Year. We eat New Year Cake in Chinese lunar New Year. Glutinous Rice Flour with Sugar is used for New Year Cake. It is sweet so we can have a sweet year.

Lantern Festival, we eat balls of stuffed dumplings and we call it Tang-Yuan. You know, 15th of every month in lunar calendar is full moon and Chinese New Year celebration end in this day. The Tang-Yuan look like a full moon so it symbolize reumion of family members.

Secondly, I talk about Dragon Boat Festival and Moon Festival. We eat dumplings of glutinous rice and wel call it Chung-Tzu in Dragon Boat Festival. Chui-Yuan is a poet and loyal official of Chinese history. He jumped into the river to kill himself on 5th May. People went to save him by boat, but they failed. So people dropped Chung-Tzu in river and hoped fish which ate Chung-Tzu don't eat Chui-Yuan.

Chinese eat moon cake in the Moon Festival. We believe that August's full moon is the roundest. So Chinese eat moon cake and appreciate the full moon.


Finally, I like Festival Food in my country and I can make New Year Cake, Tang-Yuan and Chung-Tzu.

沒有留言:

張貼留言